Sunday, July 3, 2011

Michele's turn to Distress- sundays with crissy

Happy Sunday Everyone:-)
This months challenge at Sundays With Crissy is all about "distressing" so get the inks, distressed tools, nail files, sandpaper or whatever you like to distress with, and show us your creations!
Also we are currently having a DT call which Crissy has posted at the top of the challenge blog HERE, So don't forget to read the details and join in the fun:-) Don't forget t also check back at Sundays with Crissy often as every day or so another fellow DT member has her turn at showcasing

I picked a little older digi of Crissy's because I just think this Party Snail is the cutest thing ever! He can be found at Whimsy stamps. I Distressed the edge of the image with Tim Holtz, Shabby Shutters ink and the sentiment too with Fired Brick distress ink! I also did a tiny bit of distressing with my distressed tool:-) I'll admit I like to use the distressed tool a tiny bit but not a lot, so my distressing is more adding the ink to the edges of the paper, hehe you can see it a bit more on the closeup of the sentiment, and I added a hint of distress stickles to the punched flower border in the center of the flower.
I used the new SU border punch that is in the new 2011/2012 catalog, I colored with Copic markers, added a tiny bit of stickles to the snail, and distress stickles to the ribbon on present.
Supplies used:
Copic marker colors: R22,R24, BG01, BG000, BG02, Y13, Y15, YG21, YG23, YG25, W00, W3,C0
Card stock: Stampin up New In Color: Lucky Limeade
Image paper: The Paper Temptress :Cryogen White#89
DP: from Stampin Up called Play Date
Punches: Stampin up: Scalloped circle and 1 3/8 circle punch, New Lace Ribbon Border from 2011/2012 catalog
Inks for distressing: Tim Holtz distress inks in Fired Brick and Shabby shutters and distress stickles in I believe Fired Brick
Have a great rest of your weekend, and anyone in the US celebrating the 4th of July enjoy:-)
XMicheleX

5 comments:

  1. so cute and fabulous! HUgs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michele~~This is just so cute and cheery:) I am so like you when it comes to distressing~~Would rather use inks then tear up dp ;) LOL
    Like that new SU punch!!
    Have a great week!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michele this is such a sweet fun card I love the image and pretty papers. Thank you stopping by my blog and the lovely comment. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nice comment on my blog! I have the exact pattern paper (the flower one) you have on your card and I have never figured out how to use it - now I know!! You are such an inspiration ... thanks.
    Steph

    ReplyDelete